Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Still sick...

Well, I am still sick. I returned to the doctor yesterday, and she felt my stomach. It hurt SO bad for her to touch it. She said it is inflamed, which makes sense from all the parasites and bacteria. But she also says it will take a long time to get better, which makes me sad...I can´t eat normal foods, and I am still in pain everyday. Next week is Thanksgiving break and I want to go to the beach with some people, so I am praying I will be better! I´d hate to have to stay back because I´m in pain.
The other day I stayed after school for a teachers´chapel, which was incredible. We just sang a lot of worship songs, and I couldn´t help but cry. Some of them were about healing, and I am asking for God´s healing everyday. But, it´s just also amazing to be teaching in a Christian school, where the teachers pray so passionately for their students or for themselves to be able to help their students.
This week has been fun, as we are getting ready for our Thanksgiving Feast next week at the school. We will be having a feast (parents make the food) for all the maintenance workers at the school, and the kids all made thank you cards to them today. I´m really excited for it- but again, I WANT TO BE ABLE TO EAT THE FOOD! even if just a little...We will also be doing a little reader´s theater for the parents and another class. I´m really excited for it. The kids will dress up as pilgrims and Indians. We will also dress up for the feast (yes I have to dress up too). I´m also happy that even though I´m in Ecuador, I still will be having some sort of Thanksgiving.
To all of you who are praying for me, thank you so much! And God has answered my prayers, just that I may be able to be in the school. Because over the weekend, I felt like I would never make it in Monday, but I did. And thank God! Because that is why I am here. And usually it hurts most at night anyway, which obviously I want the pain to fully go away, but until then...I´m at least thankful and glad I can be teaching!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole! I just wanted to tell you that I enjoy reading your blog! It sounds like you're really enjoying it there! I hope you start feeling better soon, and I'll definitely keep you in my prayers!