Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ready to be well again...

Okay, this has not been a pleasant week. I have been feeling sick for 10 days. But the first 6 days or so I could ignore it. I just felt stomach pains. However, now I can´t eat or drink without it hurting. I have been sick before, but honestly I don´t think I have ever been this sick. Wednesday was when the pain worsened, and I really noticed myself getting sick. I went to the doctor and he said I had parasites, but he told me to come back Thursday morning for a blood test and stool sample. Thursday, I ate a normal lunch, and later that night threw up. I still thought I would make it in to school the next morning, but I woke up to take my medicine with just a TINY bit of yogurt and water, and I threw up. So I stayed home.
I went to the doctor to get my test results, and the stool sample said I didn´t have parasites. But the blood test we couldn´t read. I just layed in bed all day in really terrible stomach pain, throwing up also if I even tried to drink water. Finally, at about 5pm we were able to talk to a doctor over the phone, who is a friend of the family´s from church. She could tell from my blood test that I have a bacteria infection. So she told us which medicines to buy (you don´t need a prescription here) and we bought them. However, I still had to wait to take them because I would throw them up. So I waited for a lady to come and give me a shot (in the butt) hahah.....for the vomiting. It´s amazing though....after that shot, I have not thrown up at all! Then I took my medicine and went to bed.
Saturday, I was feeling much better, glad that I was put on the ¨right¨ medicines finally. However, I was still running to the bathroom all day....not to throw up though....I still could not eat Saturday, just a tiny bit of soup and rice. Sunday morning, today, I woke up with stomach pains worse than ever in my life. I couldn´t even walk it hurt so bad. If I tried to walk, I would just bend over because of the pain. And I haven´t eaten anything but a tiny bit of soup today. I´m still running to the bathroom. The doctor came over again this morning. She felt my stomach, asked where it hurt, and told me that I must have parasites. She says there´s no way it could only be a bacteria infection. With the antibiotics, I wouldn´t have diahrrea or so much pain. So I must get tested again, because she says its not 100% accurate. You should usually get 3 tests. I was so glad to find out I didn´t have parasites! And now....I´m thinking again that I may. Today I took medicine for the parasites, as the doctor told me to. But still, I am in pain and can´t eat.
Well, that was a long story to tell, but I figure those of you who read this are wondering how I´m doing. I´ll keep you posted! And please pray that I get over this quickly so I can return to school, since that is the reason for me being here!

No comments: