Friday, December 26, 2008

¡Feliz Navidad!

Days before Christmas (the 22nd) we went to the beach! We just went for 2 days. The missionaries said it was the best way for us to spend Christmas because otherwise we might get sad. We wore our Santa hats as well!


I spent Christmas in Ecuador!!!

I was so scared that I was going to spend Christmas alone! You all know I was worried before I came here! But I spent the day with lots of people, and the missionaries here did a WONDERFUL job of making me feel at home! I wasn't even sad one bit! I missed my family of course, but I wasn't sad.
In the morning, we woke up and got all pretty in dresses :) Then we went to the orphanage to visit and give just a couple of gifts. My little Nicolas...the boy I want to adopt...wasn't there! But the other kids are so precious as well.
After going to the orphanage, we went to the Browns' house (the missionaries). They completely surprised us with some stockings full of stuff!! So then it felt a bit more like Christmas. We opened our stockings, hung around the house, picked up some more people from the airport (which we've been doing a LOT lately). Then we cooked TONS of food and had people over. It was so nice. The Browns did a great job of making us not feel sad at
Christmas.

Notice how we're wearing those dresses ON CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Nancy Koch said...

Hi Nicole :)
I have been reading your blog and work - and I cried out loud when I read about the babies! I just want to go there and hold them - can you please bring a couple back for me?
Anyway, I couldn't send a comment from work because certain things are blocked there, so I finally found time at home to get on here and do it. I'm not too good at this stuff.
Your accounts are wonderful to read, I couldn't get the pictures at work either but now that I see them they are wonderful. Thank you for taking time to do that. You are a wonderful girl, and I'm so proud of you.
I was just on the phone with Grandmom and I read your blog to her. She said, "I love you and miss you and I enjoyed hearing all the emails. Can't wait to see you!
We did miss you at the Christmas party, but it sounds like you were right where you were supposed to be. The Lord is good isn't He?
It was great to see Denny - sounds like he got a good job working with Autistic kids, he is such a caring and compassionate young man. Your Mom and Dad did a very good job raising you guys :)
Well, I will be off. I guess you'll be home soon - come up and visit if you get time.
Love you,
Aunt Nancy